There is a great advantage of choosing laser cutting techniques when it comes to precision manufacturing at Stephens Gaskets. As one of the country’s leading suppliers of shims, washers and gaskets we strive to offer the most advanced forms of manufacturing for precision machined components. Our team have developed an in-depth understanding of specific manufacturing techniques in order to create and work with the best possible mechanical solutions for you and your project.
What is laser cutting?
Laser cutting is a type of advanced manufacturing process used to cut components into specific shapes and sizes. Using a laser controlled by computing technology, the parts will be cut out of the chosen sheet material. The process is used in lots of different industries – usually those that require small or large-scale batches of the same product.
Stephens Gaskets laser cutting
Here at Stephens Gaskets we stock our mechanical components in a number of different variations so we can provide solutions for as many clients as we can. Our batches of pre-cut components are available in an all manner of shapes, sizes, thicknesses and materials however we understand that sometimes our clients will require a non-generic size. Our laser cutter process is part of our bespoke service where we create laser cut products tailored the client’s specific requirements.
How does it work?
First, one of our expert team members will help you determine the most appropriate size and material for your component and its requirements. Once the measurements and materials have been decided, the measurements are inputted into our computerised technology which helps control the industrial laser cutter. The machine will then direct the highly powerful lasers to cut through the sheet material to create the desired shape and size of your components.
Advantage of laser cutting
The advantage of using laser cutting is that it is one of the most reliable forms of precision machining, its many benefits include:
- High rate of accuracy – The lasers are very accurate and therefore can guarantee flawless consistency throughout each component.
- Can work intricately – The process is extremely precise and can create components made to intricate sizes.
- Fast turnaround – Lasers work fast and efficiently offering a fast turnaround without compromising on quality and accuracy.
- Economical for clients and the business – The machine calculates the optimum number of components that can be cut from the sheet, therefore reducing material wastage. As the process is mostly completed through technology, labour costs are low too.
- Produces small and large batches – Being fast and accurate also means the process can work with both small and large batches of products whilst maintaining consistency.
Contact Stephens Gaskets
Head to our website to find out more about laser cutting or call 0121 544 5808 to speak to a member of the team.
If you have found this blog helpful, you may wish to read our previous blog on Supply Shim Washers.