Plastic gaskets are one of the many different types of gaskets we manufacture here at Stephens Gaskets. In fact, as leading gasket manufacturers, we have a whole range of precision machined components to choose from. Gaskets are something we specialise in, and we can make them to meet a wide range of requirements. We use a combination of experience, skill, and state-of-the-art machinery to manufacture and supply quality gasket solutions.
The benefits of plastic gaskets and washers
When most people think about washers and gaskets, they usually think primarily or perhaps even exclusively about the metal variants on the market. These are of course well and good, but it important to consider the other variations. At the other end of the industry, there are also plastic gaskets and plastic washers. These can offer some serious advantages over metal components.
- Wear Resistance – In the right conditions, plastic washers and plastic gaskets can actually last over 10x as long as metal ones.
- Lighter Weight – Plastic washers and gaskets are fundamentally lighter than metal alternatives. This is handy if you are working on a project that involves keeping the overall weight as low as possible.
- Corrosion Resistance – When was the last time you saw a plastic component rusting? Plastic is immune to such problems and therefore has a huge advantage over metal components when it comes to corrosion.
- Superior Sealing – Plastic can be compressed a lot easier than metal can. As a result, plastic washers and gaskets can create a more reliable seal for irregular shapes and objects.
- Insulation – For insulation purposes, plastic is better than metal as it does not conduct heat or electricity nearly as well as metal.
- Cost-Efficient – Plastic washers and plastic gaskets are generally much cheaper than their metal counterparts.
Of course, we know that in many heavy-duty instances plastic gaskets and plastic washers are not appropriate, but when it is more a case of the preference of the buyer, there are so many reasons to choose plastic.
Why choose Stephens Gaskets
We’re seriously proud of the quality and versatility of the plastic products we offer here at Stephens Gaskets. Being versatile is something we strive for with each and every customer. We appreciate that when it comes to washers and gaskets it’s not always a “one-size-fits-all job”. With this in mind, our bespoke gaskets and washers service is always on hand to help you achieve the perfect component for your project. We want you to be completely happy with your component, and you can be sure we will go the extra mile to achieve that. We will work with you closely to ensure we create a component that ticks every single box. With our decades of experience, our expertise, and our state-of-the-art equipment, you can rely on us every time.
Contact us today
To find out more about plastic gaskets then head to our website today. Alternatively, you can call 0121 544 5808 to speak to a member of our helpful and friendly team.
If you have found this blog helpful, you may wish to read our previous blog on Head Gasket Material.