As leading copper exhaust gaskets manufacturers, we believe copper is one of the best exhaust gasket materials available on the market. A copper exhaust gasket is the common choice for many applications, and there’s a good reason for that. It has many unique attributes and benefits, so let’s take a look at a few.
- Malleable – Copper is extremely strong, however it is still malleable so it conforms to the sealing surfaces. This strength-malleability combination is its biggest selling point and the reason Stephen Gaskets has been using copper as an exhaust gasket material for years. Its ability to conform creates a tighter seal which means lower leak down percentages.
- Metal-to-Metal – If a gasket comes under high pressure it needs to be able to withstand it, this requires a more robust combustion seal and the best combustion seal is metal-to-metal, i.e. copper.
- Customisable – We can provide gaskets for just about any job there is going. We have a wide range of different sizes; providing the options necessary to optimise performance. Or, we can manufacture a copper exhaust gasket to your exact needs. So please do contact us to discuss your requirements.
- Conductivity – Gaskets take a lot of heat, which is why copper is the perfect material. Copper is the standard by which all other conductors are measured; therefore a copper gasket provides superior thermal conductivity, acting to stabilise head and block temperatures. Heat related failures are far less common with a copper exhaust gasket because the metal-to-metal allows the heat to be transferred to the heat exchanger.
- Elasticity – Copper has 25% coefficient of elasticity, which means in a 4-inch section, the copper head gasket will stretch to 5 inches before it ruptures. Because of this quality, copper will stretch before a catastrophic failure, thereby providing an extra measure of safety not available with other gasket materials.
Exhaust gasket material
At Stephens Gaskets, we manufacture exhaust gaskets from sheeting materials. These are made from various different types of exhaust gasket material, not just copper. Some of which can go up to 1000 degrees Celsius. We are trusted suppliers to the automotive industry, marine, and many more. Our team is highly skilled in gasket manufacturing and we create most of our ISO 9,001 gaskets to a customer’s drawing, but if we are doing a low-volume batch of exhaust gaskets, we can manufacture to customer sample or customers dimensions.
Copper exhaust gaskets
We have years of experience in the gasket industry so if you would like more in-depth information about copper exhaust gaskets, or any other product, our team will be happy to help. And if you can’t find exactly what you’re looking for, as leading exhaust gasket manufacturers, we’ll create a bespoke product to your precise specifications. Our strategic location in the West Midlands means that we are perfectly placed to supply all parts of the country, quickly.
So if you have a gasket query or need quality advice and products, call us today on 0121 544 5808.
You might also be interested in EPDM gaskets.