Instant Quote Service
Plastic shim can be used in a broad range of applications due to its vast properties. Overall, plastic is a durable material with an extensive range of temperature tolerances, which makes it a great all-round shim solution. It can also be very cost effective when it comes to shim washer production.
Excellent Wear Resistance
Shims manufactured in plastic have excellent wear resistance with a high strength to weight ratio making in a popular alternative to metal materials.
Good Corrosion Resistance
They have good corrosion resistance and a low co-efficient of friction. This helps to prevent corrosion between dissimilar materials. It is also easily manipulated and safer to use than most standard shim materials.
The Key benefits of plastic shims & gaskets:
- Durability – They are extremely durable. As a result, they are long-wearing and do not corrode or deteriorate. In addition, it will not absorb moisture.
- Variety – They come in a wide range of sizes and thickness to fit a wide assortment of applications. Stephens Gaskets carries a huge stock and offers a bespoke manufacturing service.
- High standards – All of our shim washer production processes comply with the necessary standards to ensure that they reach adequate compression strength.
- Adaptability – You can trim and manipulate the plastic, which offers a greater range of applications.
Shim plastic is a low-cost, versatile material for shim washers, and is one of the most common materials used for washers. Some industrial applications are:
- Construction – Washers used to help secure bolts or nuts, or to provide spacers to help secure fasteners. They are also used when between metals at a join to protect them and protect the join from rust.
- Compressor – Washers to join metal components, protecting them from rust and other corrosion.
- Material Handling – High-wear washers for components that require low-friction operation.
- Petrochemical – Washers for equipment exposed to corrosive materials, or in high-wear parts.
Leading UK Supplier
At Stephens Gaskets Limited we offer a wide variety of plastic shim sheets and packs to meet your needs. As experts in the various applications of plastics we ensure that customers receive products that meet their exact requirements. We are proud to be a leading UK supplier.
Remarkably Tough & Very Versitle
PLASTIC Polyester materials are remarkably tough with high compressive and dielectric strengths, very low water absorption, excellent dimensional stability over a wide range of temperatures and good resistance to most chemicals, ozone, direct sunlight etc, making a plastic shim or foil very versatile. This product is suitable for many shimming applications with very economical tooling costs. This material can also be sold in full sheets measuring 24½ x 48½
Other sizes available – 0.3mm , 0.7mm , 0.9mm , 1.0mm or .006″ , .012″ , .028″.
Please contact us for a quote.
|PLASTIC SHIM x 6″ wide|
|Thickness||Packaging||Price / Can / Pack|
|0.001″ / 0.025mm||Can ( 1pc x 24”lg )||£3.95|
|0.0015″||Can ( 1pc x 24”lg )||£3.95|
|0.002″ / 0.05mm||Can ( 1pc x 24”lg )||£3.95|
|0.003″ / 0.075mm||Can ( 1pc x 24”lg )||£3.95|
|0.004″ / 0.1mm||Can ( 1pc x 24”lg )||£4.19|
|0.005″ / 0.127mm||Can ( 1pc x 24”lg )||£4.19|
|0.008″ / 0.2mm||Can ( 1pc x 24”lg )||£4.50|
|0.010″ / 0.25mm||Can ( 1pc x 24”lg )||£4.22|
|0.012″ / 0.3mm||Flat Pack ( 2pcs x 12″lg )||£5.40|
|0.015″ / 0.38mm||Flat Pack ( 2pcs x 12″lg )||£5.23|
|0.020″ / 0.5mm||Flat Pack ( 2pcs x 12″lg )||£5.48|
|0.025″ / 0.6mm||Flat Pack ( 2pcs x 12″lg )||£5.75|
|0.030″ / 0.76mm||Flat Pack ( 2pcs x 12″lg )||£6.00|
|0.040″ / 1.0mm||Flat Pack ( 2pcs x 12″lg )||£6.39|
|0.050″ / 1.27mm||Flat Pack ( 2pcs x 12″lg )||£6.69|
|0.060″ / 1.5mm||Flat Pack ( 2pcs x 12″lg )||£6.84|
At Stephens Gaskets Ltd we go out of our way to ensure our customers have the best possible service. Whether it is a shim washer or a neoprene gasket, we will always try and accommodate the exact specification needed with our bespoke service and highly skilled customer service representatives.
- Instant quotation
- Centrally located
- Quality assured
- Magnificent motorway network
With over forty years in the industry, you can trust that here at Stephens Gaskets we know exactly what we are doing when it comes to plastic shim manufacturing. Based in the Midlands but providing solutions to customers worldwide, we are proud to have the skills, knowledge and facilities to precision machine plastic shims made to the highest of qualities.
Good Corrosion Resistance
Shims manufactured from plastic shim sheets boast excellent wear resistance alongside a high strength to weight ratio – this makes them an ideal alternative to metal materials. It also has good corrosion resistance, and a low co-efficient of friction. These properties help to prevent corrosion between dissimilar materials. Our shims are made from highly durable plastic with a vast range of temperature tolerances.
Pre Cut Packs Available
For added convenience for our customers, we can produce pre-cut shim packs ready to be used straightaway. You can save time and money by purchasing these packs, alongside benefiting from the use of an accurate, quality and professionally manufactured component.